AS WELLNESS WARRIORS...
We call for the decoupling of thinness from health because we know that dieting does not act in our benefit.
We seek to nourish our hearts, minds and bodies.
We prioritize healing our relationships with our bodies over trying to change them.
We honor our internal cues, emotions, desires and needs first and then tend to external factors.
We are gentle on ourselves in this pursuit, because change is not linear and body positivity does not come overnight.
We know that pursuing health is possible at every size; that the number on the scale only limits us if we let it; and that every body is worthy of taking up space and living well.
And because when we’re taking care of our current selves versus trying to change them, we have the capacity to do the things that really light us up.
We then create space for others to do the same.
We are redefining what it means to live well.
THIS IS WHY WE ARE WELLNESS WARRIORS FOR CHANGE.
HERE'S HOW YOU GET STARTED:
1. Create a journaling practice as a way to strengthen your intuition, and dig deeper into what actually lights you up.
2. Think about what you can add - to your life, to your plate, to your routine - instead of focusing on what you can get rid of.
3. Make peace with your mirror by starting a mirror practice.
4. Get clear on your values, then decide whether how you’re spending your energy is in alignment with those values.
5. Start a ritual to cultivate more space and mindfulness. This can include meditation, yoga, journaling, a creative practice, etc. Bringing slowness and all of your senses back to the present moment.
6. Give yourself space and permission to explore what foods, movements, people and activities feel good to you versus what you think you should do and like.
7. Surround yourself with a diverse set of positive voices.
8. Reframe from labeling foods or behaviors around food as “good” or “bad.”
9. Let go of the numbers in regards to food, our clothing sizes, our weight.
10. Grant permission to all foods.
SHARE WITH US WHAT’S SHIFTED FOR YOU IN YOUR WELLNESS PRACTICE.
TAG US USING @CIRCLESOFCHANGE OR #CIRCLESOFCHANGE
SPREAD THE LOVE
Share your Wellness Warrior heart with others while also giving back to our cause.
Do something within your circles that raises awareness and funds.
Here are a few examples of what Wellness Warriors have done:
A mother and daughter hosted an evening of conversation and connection that dug deep into what matters in our lives, while serving a lovely (and slow-going) meal. Attendees gave a donation back to Ophelia’s Place.
PROMOTE ON SOCIAL
YOGA FOR A CAUSE
A yoga teacher hosts a yoga class for her friends, family, and yoga community, and donates the class fees to Ophelia’s Place. She believes yoga is for everybody and every body.